Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long live the Internet!

I just had an interesting twitter conversation with @pfinette who had recently done a presentation for students at the Royal College of Art in the UK he called "The browser is the new black". He discovered that there are some students there who are not overly excited about the World Wide Web as a place to innovate. I must say, I agree with that sentiment. I agree so much, I've started a whole company based on the idea that the World Wide Web has been extended as far as it can go. The World Wide Web is a system of linked documents, whereas the Internet is a network if data sharing. The Internet is the platform on which the WWW was built, and will continue to be the platform for additional innovation. That is something to get excited about. The WWW is not dead, but there is certainly room for another great innovation along side it on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment